The Wilmington law firm of Woody White Law PLLC represents clients charged with criminal offenses in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. The district is composed of 21 counties in eastern North Carolina. We have more than a decade of experience providing effective representation for all levels of misdemeanors and felony offenses.
Why Is Federal Court Different?
Federal cases move through the court system quicker than state misdemeanor and felony charges. We use our experience to quickly determine which federal agencies are involved in the investigation and gather evidence to begin working toward a resolution quickly.
Federal courts require a different level of discovery for evidence and pretrial motions. Our firm has extensive criminal defense experience in all types of federal charges.
Board-Certified Specialist In State And Federal Criminal Law: Woody White
When you are facing federal charges, your lawyer matters. Woody White has been certified by the North Carolina Bar Board as a specialist in both state and federal criminal matters. This means that Woody White is an experienced trial lawyer with a thorough understanding of criminal law. He is tough and will not hesitate to take your case to trial if it is in your best interest.
It is important to have federal cases handled by a lawyer who knows the rules of evidence and has extensive experience handling criminal cases in federal court. Our federal criminal defense experience includes:
- Federal drug charges — Federal drug crimes are generally much more serious, carry higher potential penalties and require the immediate attention of an experienced criminal attorney. We defend against all federal drug offenses, including conspiracy, manufacturing, trafficking and possession with the intent to distribute.
- Embezzlement — Whether you have been accused of stealing from your work or you have already been charged, we can help.
- Money laundering — If your company deals with large sums of cash, you may find yourself being investigated for or accused of money laundering. Before talking to the investigators, call our firm.
- Bank robbery — If you are facing bank robbery charges, it is important to have a defense attorney who knows how to expose weaknesses in the prosecution's case.
- Counterfeiting — Fight counterfeiting charges. Talk to our defense attorneys about possible defenses.
- Mortgage fraud — With a team of former federal prosecutors on staff, our firm knows how to build a strong mortgage fraud defense.
- Insurance fraud — Our firm represents clients accused of a variety of insurance fraud claims.
- Mail fraud, wire fraud — Charging people with mail or wire fraud is one of the government's most powerful tools. Talk to an attorney who knows how to fight these charges.
- Income tax fraud — Whether a failure to pay taxes was intentional or unintentional, a failure to pay taxes can have serious consequences. Find out how our firm can help.
- Internet crimes — We defend people charged with a wide variety of Internet crimes from credit card scams to child pornography.
- Identity theft — Federal identity theft charges have severe penalties. Before you talk to anyone, call us.
- Witnesses called by federal grand juries — Even if you are only being called as a witness to a grand jury, it does not mean the prosecution is not interested in you. Make sure you have the counsel of a skilled federal defense attorney.
Our North Carolina federal criminal defense lawyers have handled many federal offenses and can guide you through the uncertain waters of the federal criminal landscape.
Under Investigation? Talk To Us First.
Don't talk to investigators until you talk to us. We offer a free initial consultation. Anything you say during your consultation is protected by attorney-client privilege.
Call us locally at 910-338-4900 or toll free at 866-677-8525. You may also contact us by email to arrange a consultation by appointment.